Use Case 11
Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Module + Devolutions Server - PAM
How to set up a DVLS data source with Remote Desktop Manager PowerShell Module
Supercharge Devolutions Server with the Remote Desktop Manager PowerShell module and automate repetitive tasks or make changes on a large number of connection entries.
Who Is This Use Case For?
This use case is for organizations looking to automate Remote Desktop Manager (RDM) client deployments, unlock command-line management of Devolutions Server, and integrate RDM and Devolutions Server into PowerShell scripts.
The time-consuming manual configuration of clients and the Devolutions Server itself can eat into valuable productivity. With an increasingly remote workforce, individual manual configurations become problematic and inefficient. Reducing Devolutions Server administrative jobs necessitates automating repetitive tasks.
How does an organization reduce manual client deployment effort and automate common tasks in Devolution Server? With the PowerShell Remote Desktop Manager module, a myriad of abilities is unlocked.
Leverage the RDM PowerShell module to script administrative tasks and even the configuration of the RDM client itself. By saving time on deployment configurations, such as through a client PowerShell script, countless time is saved and a worker can jump right into the task at hand!
How It Works
- Install the Remote Desktop Manager PowerShell module from the PowerShell Gallery.
- Import the module into either a modern PowerShell 7 session or Windows PowerShell 5.1.
- Configure the Remote Desktop Manager with data sources, or add and edit local entries.
- Modify Devolutions Server configurations from a remote workstation.
Summary of Benefits
- Automate Repetitive Tasks: By leveraging PowerShell, save time by automating repetitive administrative tasks for both Devolutions Server and RDM.
- Enforce Consistency: Manual processes are subject to error, utilizing scripts enforce consistent configurations.
- Empower Administrators: Unlock productivity by giving administrators a range of tools to perform bulk operations and save time by reducing manual GUI operations.
Learn more about how Devolutions can help your organization increase security, ensure compliance, and improve user management:
In the technology world, your use cases are only as effective as the value someone’s deriving from them. That’s why at Devolutions we are doing our best to help you make the right choice with easy to understand use case examples for you and your team for an ideal productive environment. Read more Use Cases