Who Is This Use Case For?
This use case is for organizations that want to increase security by enforcing specific or user-selected 2FA tools for Remote Desktop Manager users.
2FA provides unambiguous identification of users through the combination of two different components. These components may be something a user knows, or something a user possesses. While 2FA adds another layer of account security, organizations may not approve of the 2FA tool that a specific user/multiple users choose.
Remote Desktop Manager integrates with Devolutions Server to support multiple 2FA tools, such as Google Authenticator, Yubikey, SMS, and several others. Organizations can enforce a default 2FA tool for the entire organization, or enforce a 2FA tool for a specific user/multiple users. Once configured, users must log into Remote Desktop Manager with their username/password, and authenticate with an approved 2FA tool.
How It Works
- Enable 2FA security in Devolutions Server (2FA usage can be “optional per user” or “required”).
- Select the 2FA tool(s) that are allowed.
- At their next login to Remote Desktop Manager, user(s) will be prompted to configure their 2FA tool.
- 2FA is now configured and functional.
Summary of Benefits
- Enhanced Security: Ensure that all users are authenticated through 2FA.
- Enforce Compliance: Ensure that only selected 2FA tool(s) are valid for logging into Remote Desktop Manager.
- Support Users: As appropriate, allow users to choose from a pool of MFA tools that they are familiar with and already use for their personal accounts.
Learn more about how Devolutions can help your organization boost security and productivity.
In the technology world, your use cases are only as effective as the value someone’s deriving from them. That’s why at Devolutions we are doing our best to help you make the right choice with easy to understand use case examples for you and your team for an ideal productive environment. Read more Use Cases