Who Is This Use Case For?
This use case is for IT professionals in organizations seeking to integrate Devolutions Server and Password Hub Business with internal PowerShell scripts and enhanced command-line capabilities.
Traditionally, credentials in PowerShell scripts are included as plaintext, leading to degraded security and increased attack surfaces. In addition, quickly rotating passwords became difficult as locating all of the stored plaintext passwords was not an easy task.
How does an organization enhance PowerShell script security and increase PowerShell command-line tool flexibility? With the Devolutions Server and Password Hub Business PowerShell Secret Management modules, you gain the ability to integrate stored secrets and credentials into your existing PowerShell scripts and processes. Rotate a password in Devolutions Server and see the change on the next run of your script, without needing to track down all instances and manually update the scripts!
How It Works
- Install the PowerShell Secret Management Password Hub Business or Devolutions Server modules.
- Import the modules with Import-Module.
- Retrieve a secret with Get-Secret or create a new secret with Set-Secret.
How It Works
- Reduced Attack Surface: All credentials are securely stored in one location, limiting the attack surface.
- Increased Security: Passwords are not stored in plaintext within a script and accesses to the credentials are easily auditable.
- Lowered Maintenance: No need to manually track down scripts and rotate plaintext passwords, as a change in Devolutions solutions will automatically return the updated password on the next access.
Learn more about how Devolutions can help your organization increase security, ensure compliance, and improve user management:
In the technology world, your use cases are only as effective as the value someone’s deriving from them. That’s why at Devolutions we are doing our best to help you make the right choice with easy to understand use case examples for you and your team for an ideal productive environment. Read more Use Cases